Monday, March 23, 2015

HammerDB setup issues - libXss.so.1 and x11 fonts

A couple of problems (missing x11 libraries and fonts) when installing HammerDB to test my Oracle 12c Centos 6 / RHEL 6 server i.e. not really setup with GUI access in mind.

I setup x11 forwarding and tested in via xclock first.


My first hammerdb error was


[oracle@ora12c66 hammerora-2.6]$ ./hammerora.tcl
wish8.5: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


I got passed this error by installing


sudo yum install libXScrnSaver


The next problem was


[oracle@ora12c66 hammerora-2.6]$ ./hammerora.tcl
Error in startup script: failed to allocate font due to internal system font engine problem
   (default value for "-font" in widget ".title")
   invoked from within
"label .title -text " Hammerora v2.6 by smshaw@users.sourceforge.net "  -font $mid  -bg $gbg  -fg red3  -padx 0"
   (in namespace eval "::LoadingProgressMeter" script line 481)
   invoked from within
"namespace eval LoadingProgressMeter {
   set max 14


   wm title            . "Loading Hammerora"
   wm protocol         . WM_DELETE_WINDOW {#Do no..."
   (file "./hammerora.tcl" line 53)

I got passed this by installing:


sudo yum install xorg-x11-fonts*

and voila … I am into the HammerDB GUI :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for posting this. It saved me a bunch of time and worked like you said. This should be informed to HammerDB folks as well to add it in thier documentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. thanks.. worked for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.bioresonantie enschede

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.bioresonantie emmen

    ReplyDelete